TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read before placing an order..
1. In these Conditions: 2. "BUYER" means the person who accepts a quotation of the Seller for the sale of Goods or whose order for the Goods is accepted by the Seller. 3. "GOODS" means the goods (including any instalment of the goods or any parts for them) which the Seller is to apply in accordance with these Conditions. 4. "SELLER" means Safe-Link Services. 5. "CONDITIONS" means the standard terms and Conditions of Sale set out in this document. 6. "CONTRACT" means the contract for the purchase and sale of the Goods. 7. "WRITING" includes any telex, cable, facsimile e-mail transmission and comparable means of communication. 8. The headings in these Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
BASIS OF SALE
9. The Seller shall sell and the Buyer shall purchase the Goods in accordance with any written quotation of the Seller which is accepted by the Buyer, or any written order of the Buyer which is accepted by the Seller, subject in either case to these Conditions, which shall govern the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms and Conditions subject to which any such quotation is accepted or purported to be accepted, or any such order is made or purported to be made, by the Buyer. 10. No variation to these Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in Writing between the authorised representatives of the Buyer and the Seller. 11. The Seller's employees or agents are not authorised to make any representations concerning the Goods unless confirmed by the Seller in Writing. In entering into the Contract, the Buyer acknowledges that it does not rely on, and waives any claim for breach of, any such representations, which are not so confirmed. 12. Any advice or recommendation given by the Seller or its employees or agents to the Buyer or its employees or agents as to the application or use of the Goods which is not confirmed in Writing by the Seller is followed or acted upon entirely at the Buyers own risk, and accordingly the Seller shall not be liable for any such advice or recommendation which is not so confirmed. 13. Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by the Seller shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of the Seller.
ORDERS AND SPECIFICATIONS
14. The Buyer shall be responsible to the Seller for ensuring the accuracy of the terms of any order (including any applicable specification) submitted by the Buyer, and for giving the Seller any necessary information relating to the Goods within a sufficient time to enable the Seller to perform the Contract in accordance with its terms. 15. If the Goods are to be manufactured or any process is to be applied to the Goods by the Seller in accordance with a specification submitted by the Buyer, the Buyer shall indemnify the Seller against all loss, damages, costs and expenses awarded against or incurred by the Seller in settlement of any claim for infringement of any patent, copyright, design, trade mark or other industrial or intellectual property rights of any other person which results from the Seller's use of the Buyer's specification. 16. The Seller reserves the right to make any changes in the specification of the Goods which are required to conform to any applicable safety or other statutory requirements or, where the Goods are to be supplied to the Seller's specification, which do not materially affect their quality or performance. 17. No order which has been accepted by the Seller may be cancelled by the Buyer except with the agreement in Writing of the Seller and on terms that the Buyer shall indemnify the Seller in full against all loss (including loss of profit), costs (including the costs of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses incurred by the Seller as a result of cancellation.
PRICE OF THE GOODS
18. The price of the Goods shall be the Seller's quoted price or, where no price has been quoted (or a quoted price is no longer valid), the price listed in the Seller's published price list current at the date of acceptance of the order. All prices quoted are valid for 30 days only. 19. The Seller reserves the right, by giving notice to the Buyer at any time before delivery, to increase the price of the Goods to reflect any increase in the cost to the Seller which is due to any factor beyond the control of the Seller, any change in delivery dates, quantities or specifications for the Goods which is requested by the Buyer, or any delay caused by any instructions of the Buyer or failure of the Buyer to give the Seller adequate information or instructions. 20. Except as otherwise stated under the terms of any quotation or in any price list of the Seller, and unless otherwise agreed in Writing between the Buyer and the Seller, all prices are given by the Seller on an ex works basis, and where the Seller agrees to deliver the Goods otherwise than at the Seller's premises, the Buyer shall be liable to pay the Seller's charges for transport, packing and insurance. 21. The price is exclusive of any applicable value added tax, which the Buyer shall be additionally liable to pay the Seller.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
22. Subject to any special terms agreed in Writing between the Buyer and the Seller, the Seller shall be entitled to invoice the Buyer for the price of the Goods on or at any time after delivery of the Goods, unless the Goods are to be collected by the Buyer or the Buyer wrongfully fails to take delivery of the Goods, in which event the Seller shall be entitled to invoice the Buyer for the price at any time after the Seller has notified the Buyer that the Goods are ready for collection or (as the case may be) the Seller has tendered delivery of the Goods. 23. The Buyer shall pay the price of the Goods (less any discount to which the Buyer is entitled, but without other deductions) by the end of the month following the month of the Seller's invoice. The time of payment of the price shall be of the essence of the Contract. 24. If the Buyer fails to make any payment on the due date then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Seller, the Seller shall be entitled to : 25. cancel the contract or suspend any further deliveries to the Buyer 26. charge the Buyer interest (both before and after any judgement) on the unpaid amount, at the rate of 3% per annum above Bank base rate from time to time, until payment in full is made (a part of a month being treated as a full month for the purpose of calculating interest).
27. Delivery of the Goods shall be made by the Buyer collecting the Goods at the Seller's premises at any time after the Seller has notified the Buyer that the Goods are ready for collection. 28. Any dates quoted for delivery of Goods are approximate only and the Seller shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods howsoever caused. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence unless previously agreed by the Seller in Writing. 29. Where the Goods are to be delivered in instalments, each delivery shall constitute a separate contract and failure by the Seller to deliver any one or more of the instalments in accordance with these Conditions or any claim by the Buyer in respect of any one or more instalments shall not entitle the Buyer to treat the Contract as a whole as repudiated.
RISK AND PROPERTY
30. Risk of damage to or loss of the Goods shall pass to the Buyer: 31. in the case of Goods to be delivered otherwise than at the Seller's premises, at the time of delivery or, if the Buyer wrongfully fails to take delivery of the Goods, the time when the Seller has tendered delivery of the Goods. 32. Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the Goods, or any other provision of these Conditions, the property or title in the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until the Seller has received in cash or cleared funds payment in full of the price of the Goods and all other goods agreed to be sold by the Seller to the Buyer for which payment is then due. 33. Until such time as the property in the Goods passes to the Buyer, the Buyer shall hold the Goods as the Seller's fiduciary agent and bailee, and shall keep the Goods separate from those of the Buyer and third parties and properly stored, protected and insured and identified as the Seller's property. Until that time the Buyer shall be entitled to resell or use the goods in the ordinary course of its business, but shall account to the Seller for the proceeds of sale or otherwise of the Goods, whether tangible or intangible, including insurance proceeds, and shall keep all such proceeds separate from any moneys or property of the Buyer and third parties and, in the case of tangible proceeds, properly stored, protected and insured.
WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
34. Subject to the conditions set out below the Seller warrants that the Goods will correspond with their specification at the time of delivery and will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 12 months from the date of their initial use or 12 months from delivery, whichever is the first to expire. 35. The above warranty is given by the Seller subject to the following conditions: 36. the Seller shall be under no liability in respect of any defect in the Goods arising from any drawing, design or specification supplied by the Buyer; 37. the Seller shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow the Seller's instructions (whether oral or in writing), misuse or alteration or repair of the Goods without the Seller's approval; 38. the Seller shall be under no liability under the above warranty (or any other warranty, condition or guarantee) if the total price for the Goods has not been paid by the due date for payment; 39. the above warranty does not extend to parts, materials or equipment not manufactured by the Seller, in respect of which the Buyer shall only be entitled to the benefit of any such warranty or guarantee as is given by the manufacturer to the Seller. 40. Any claim by the Buyer which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods or their failure to correspond with specification shall (whether or not delivery is refused by the Buyer) be notified to the Seller within seven days from the date of delivery or (where the defect or failure was not apparent on reasonable inspection) within a reasonable time after discovery of the defect or failure. If delivery is not refused, and the Buyer does not notify the Seller accordingly, the Buyer shall not be entitled to reject the Goods and the Seller shall have no liability for such defect or failure, and the Buyer shall be bound to pay the price as if the Goods had been delivered in accordance with the Contract. 41. Where any valid claim in respect of any of the Goods which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods or their failure to meet specification is notified to the Seller in accordance with these Conditions, the Seller shall be entitled to replace the Goods (or the part in question) free of charge or, at the Sellers discretion, refund to the Buyer the price of the Goods, but the Seller shall have no further liability to the Buyer. 42. Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the Seller's negligence, the Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer by reason of any representation, or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the Contract, for any consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (and whether caused by the negligence of the Seller, its employees or agents otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the Goods or their use or resale by the Buyer, except as expressly provided in these Conditions. 43. The Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of the Seller's obligations in relation to the Goods, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the Seller's reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as causes beyond the Seller's reasonable control: 44. Act of God, flood, tempest, fire or accident: 45. War or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance or requisition: 46. acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental, parliamentary or local authority; 47. import or export regulations or embargoes; 48. strikes, lock-outs or other industrial actions or trade disputes (whether involving employees of the Seller or of a third party); 49. difficulties in obtaining materials, labour, fuel, parts or machinery; 50. power failure or breakdown in machinery.
51. The Buyer shall indemnify the Seller in respect of all damages or injury occurring to any person or property and against all actions, suits, claims, demands, charges or expenses in connection therewith for which the seller may become liable in respect of the Goods sold under this Contract in the event that the damage or injury shall have been occasioned by the negligence of the Buyer or his servants or agents.
52. This clause applies if: 53. the Buyer makes a voluntary arrangement with its creditors or becomes subject to an administration order or (being an individual or firm) becomes bankrupt or (being a company) goes into liquidation; or 54. an encubrancer takes possession, or a receiver is appointed, of any of the property or assets of the Buyer; or 55. the Buyer ceases, or threatens to cease, to carry on business; or the Buyer makes any voluntary arrangement with its creditors or becomes subject to an 56. the Seller reasonably apprehends that any of the events mentioned above is about to occur in relation to the Buyer and notifies the Buyer accordingly. 57. If this clause applies, then without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Seller, the Seller shall be entitled to cancel the Contract or suspend any further deliveries under the Contract without any liability to the Buyer, and if the Goods have been delivered but not paid for the price shall become immediately due and payable notwithstanding any previous agreement or arrangement to the contrary.
58. If any provision of these Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these Conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected thereby. 59. Any dispute arising under or in connection with these Conditions or the sale of Goods shall be referred to arbitration by a single arbitrator appointed by agreement or (in default) nominated on the application of either party by the President for the time being of the Law Society, in accordance with their rules of England and Wales. 60. The Contract shall be governed by the laws of England.